Major achievements occurring during this period include:
• The purchase and completion of the Wulff Road Complex.
• The official openings of four new Community Health Clinics in: Bimini; San Salvador; Spanish Wells; and Harbour Island
• The commencement of construction of two (2) additional Community Health Clinics in: Grand Bahama - Eight Mile Rock; and New Providence - South Beach.
• The purchase of Claughton House in New Providence.
• The successful and peaceful completion of contract negotiations with the Board’s two bargaining units.
• The commencement of the construction of the multi-million dollar Poincianna Hill Office Complex.
• The introduction of a toll-free hotline service for Family Islanders.
• The passage of a bill to amend the National Insurance Act. Key features of these amendments, which came into effect on 1st January, 1999, were:
• The official opening of two new community Health Centres in Harbour Island and Spanish Wells.
ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
The Right Honourable Hubert Ingraham, M.P., retained ministerial responsibility for National Insurance; Mr. J.M. Pinder, continued as Chairman of the Board of Directors; and Mr. Lennox McCartney continued as Director. Mr. Van Delaney was confirmed in the post of Deputy Director.
NIB’s Reserve Fund stood at $891.6 million* at the end of 1998